Schoch Tile was founded in 1928 by
Phil Schoch. The original location was in Fairmount, Ohio on Harrison Avenue between Queen City and Westwood Ave.
Immediately following WWII, William “Captain” Bley, Phil’s nephew, started working for Schoch Tile. Around the same time Phil moved his business and residence into rural Covedale.
In the early ‘60’s. William “Captain” Bley bought the business from his aunt and proceeded to become one of the largest non-union ceramic tile contractors in the state. During this time, carpet and linoleum were added and it was called Bill Bley’s Carpet, a subsidiary of Schoch Tile.
In 1980 David and Dennis, two of Bill’s sons, purchased Schoch Tile from their dad and began plans for a showroom in Western Hills. In October, 1983 their dreams came true when they opened a large showroom and warehouse on Crookshank Road at Anderson Ferry.
Schoch Tile & Carpet has one of the most complete product lines in the area. By offering ceramic, marble, wood, luxury vinyl tile (LVT) and carpet, Schoch is able to offer the contractor or consumer a complete package.
Schoch Tile & Carpet’s commitment to quality has enabled them to maintain a customer list of who’s who in the area. Recently completed projects include: Xavier University, St. Ursula Academy, St. Xavier High School. Elder High School., The Ascent, University of Cincinnati, LaRosa’s, Moerlein Lager House, Kerry Automotive Group, and numerous restaurants and retail facilities throughout the state.
Dennis’ and David’s continued commitment promises to carry Schoch Tile & Carpet toward 100 years in business as a strong, fair, quality-oriented flooring contractor.
5282 Crookshank Rd, Cincinnati • 513.922.3466