Schoch Tile was founded in 1928 by Phil Schoch. The original location was in Fairmount on Harrison Avenue between Queen City and Westwood Avenue.
Immediately following WWII, William “Captain” Bley, Phil’s nephew, started working for Schoch Tile. Around the same time, Phil moved the business into rural Covedale.
In the early 1960’s, William Bley bought the business from his aunt and proceeded to become one of the largest non-union ceramic tile contractors in the state of Ohio. During this time, carpet and linoleum were added to the product line.
In 1980, David and Dennis Bley, two of Bill’s sons, purchased Schoch Tile & Carpet from their dad and began plans for a showroom in Western Hills. In October of 1983, their dreams came true when the opened a large showroom and warehouse on Crookshank Road at Anderson Ferry.
In February of 1985, Dennis bought out his brother David and became the sole owner of Schoch Tile & Carpet. In the years to follow, Schoch Tile & Carpet continued to grow both in residential and commercial flooring.
January of 2019 brought some exciting news for the future of Schoch Tile & Carpet. Tim Maley, Dennis’ nephew, was hired as the new General Manager. Tim’s father, Mike Maley, worked for Schoch Tile & Carpet for over 50 years until his retirement. Tim is excited to lead Schoch Tile & Carpet into the 4th generation.
The current work force of over 25 employee’s is dedicated to maintaining the quality and service that Schoch Tile & Carpet has become known for. Schoch Tile has a strong presence in residential and customer builder work; also, Schoch Tile & Carpet’s commitment to quality has enabled them to maintain a customer list of who’s who in the Tri-State area. Recently completed projects include: Xavier University, St. Xavier High School, LaRosa’s and the Kerry Automotive Group.